Senior Product Engineer
As a product-first company, the product & engineering team's missions are to build and maintain the service for our users.
Every member of the Product team shapes the future of the GitBook product by choosing and prioritizing features based on user feedback collected from either the sales or support team.
Our major ambition is to offer the best experience to our users wether it is about editing, sharing, improving performances or scalability. This involves rapid iteration cycles including several releases per week.
Our Product Team's mission is to improve and design both new and existing features of any aspect of the product; from the dashboard, the editing engine, and the collaboration tools, to the data modelling, the public API, and service integrations.
The day-to-day life of our team varies from developing new features, debugging, improving performances, code review...
- Tooling : Jest, Go, GCP, Algolia, Github, Sentry, Mixpanel/Amplitude
Do not hesitate to have a look at our GitBook stackshare.io page
What will you do at GitBook as a Senior Product Engineer ?
As a member of our Product Team you are part of the application design and architecture, starting from scratch to the actual implementation.
As a Senior Product Engineer you will shape the engineering workflows at GitBook to scale our product and team, and go "above and beyond" .
You will be able to contribute to the development of GitBook with minimal guidance, to own an end-to-end project including design thinking, to work on web architectures and to continuously help the team improve.
You have a first successful experience in developing, releasing and maintaining web applications in a fast-growing environment.
Technical challenges motivate you and you have a "roll up your sleeves" attitude. Plus you possess :
Technical skills :
- A good vision on both front-end and back-end challenges and specs
- Strong product sense
- Ability to own projects end-to-end
- Ability to architecture software that is simple, maintainable and balances pragmatism and understandability
- Passion to automate and document everything.
- Strong interest in design
Soft skills :
- Ability to walk the team through its continuous improvement
- Ability to work in a team (code review, clear tests, documentation, comments...)
- Ability to walk GitBook through its ambition to scale quickly
Well this role might be the one you are looking for ! Do not hesitate to contact us.
If you want more info about this role do not hesitate to have a look at our jobs' page
- Remote friendly (France only)
- Offsites twice a year