Senior Product Engineer
As a product-first company, the engineering team counts 8 people who develop our product and make it scale to hundreds of thousands monthly users.
You will be a core addition to this team, you will improve & design both new and existing features of any part of the product; from the dashboard, the editing engine, and the collaboration tools, to the data modelling, the public API, and service integrations.
As a senior engineer, you will also work on shaping the engineering workflows at GitBook to scale our product and the team; and go "one step beyond".
We are looking for a hands-on Engineer with first successful experiences in developing, releasing and maintaining web applications in a fast-growing environment.
Technical challenges motivate you, you have a "roll up your sleeves" attitude, and you possess:
- A good vision on both front-end and back-end challenges and specs
- Strong product sense
- Ability to own projects end-to-end
- Ability to architecture software that are simple, maintainable and balances pragmatism and understandability
- Passion to automate and document everything.
- Performance optimization
- Good experiences with technologies used by GitBook: Go, Google Cloud Platform, Algolia, Firebase
- Design skills
- Past startup experience (as founder/co-founder or employee)
Perks and Benefices:
- Remote friendly (France only)