GitBook's team counts 13 people and our mission is to make a user-friendly and collaborative product for everyone to use in order to create, edit and share documentation (product documentation, APIs documentation, design system, internal knowledge-bases).
We are evolving in a fast paced environment with a strong will to scale. As you may imagine reaching this level of ambition requires a lot of sales efforts, that is why we are looking for a Business Developer to join the team in Lyon.
Go-to-market team members
Aaron (CEO) - Etienne (Business Developer) - Laurence (Support) - Rémi (Head of Data)
If you want to get to know more about our team do not hesitate to have a look at our about page.
Go-to-market team overview
As a product-first company, our Go-to-market team members are pioneers who shape the future of GitBook and take our go-to-market strategy one step further.
Being part of this team, our Sales members' mission is to continue to grow our current revenues, coming mostly from tech assemblies, while supporting our go-to-market strategy in order to discover new market segments.
Pipedrive (CRM), Mixmax, Amplitude
What will you do at GitBook as a Business Developer ?
As a member of our Sales team you will manage multiple customers simultaneously and you will be the owner of the entire buying cycle :
- inbound leads qualification : understand prospect's use case, validate customer need, determine timeline...
- discovery : understand customers' business objectives and requirements, expand on prospect's use case...
- solution review and validation : demonstrate how we can meet prospect's use cas, requirements or business goals, help prospect's discover the added value of our product, agree on pricing options, closing...
- customer on-boarding : you will also be an important part in the follow up of new customers to insure a perfect product on-boarding.
In your daily life you will be discussing with customers to understand their business objectives. You will act as a trusted guide to help them in using GitBook most effectively and make them discover the added value of our product.
You will also be the voice of our customers by collecting their feedbacks to drive continuous improvement, thus you will provide recommendations based on customers business needs and usage patterns and work closely with cross-functional teams (product, data, support...) to help align our product roadmap.
You are eager to tackle new challenges and you definitely have a competitive and driven to achieve goals mindset. Plus you possess :
- prior Sales experience in Saas industry, preferably in a B2B environment
- strong communication and writing skills
- fluency in written and spoken English
- active interest in opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- consistent track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- data-driven approach
- ability to work within cross-functional team
- ability to walk the team through its continuous improvement and GitBook through its ambition to scale quickly
- keen interest in tech industry
- learning agility and adaptation capacity
- clear understanding of start-up reality (vs large companies), you are willing to build, rebuild, test and iterate
Well this role might be the one you are looking for ! Do not hesitate to contact us.
- Remote friendly (France only)
- Off-sites twice a year